Easiest Weeknight Pasta Ever & Florence, Italy
|Easiest Weeknight Pasta Ever (this one is extra saucy because I felt like having a lot of sauce)|
I'll never forget the day my mom got locked in the bathroom at a restaurant in Florence, Italy. The poor Polish waiter did not speak English that well and was frantically trying to get my panicking mom out of there . . . as my husband and I relaxed at the table, completely oblivious to the whole fiasco. We thought my mom was probably fixing her hair or something in the bathroom. Luckily the waiter and my mom were somehow able to work together to get her free.
|Maybe my mom just needed a sign like this|
|Falling in Love with Italy|
8 - 16 oz. / 252 - 454 g spaghetti or other pasta, depending on how much sauce you like on your pasta
1 1/2 Cups water from cooking your pasta (reserve some of this for your sauce!) - about 3 ladles full
2 small cans tomato paste (12 oz / 340 g total)
3 Tbsp Vegan Margarine (Earth Balance Buttery Spread)
garlic salt, to taste (I like the Trader Joe's roasted garlic sea salt, but any garlic salt will do)
pepper, to taste (I used 1/2 tsp)
1. Start heating water for your pasta.
2. Meanwhile, heat the tomato paste and vegan margarine over medium-low heat. Mix well. Add garlic salt and pepper.
3. Cook your pasta per package directions, BUT before the pasta is done cooking, take some of the starchy water from the pot and add it into your sauce. Mix.
4. You can turn up the heat a little on the sauce now since it is less likely to burn or stick with the addition of the pasta water.
5. Taste your sauce and add more garlic salt and pepper, if necessary.
6. After the pasta is cooked and you have drained it, mix well with your sauce and enjoy!